Who can enter
Any retail manager working in a supermarket, convenience store, forecourt, off-license or other grocery retailer is eligible to enter. Any company operating on the island of Ireland is invited to nominate a candidate for these awards. Entries are invited from any department within the store – both individual and group/team entries are accepted. The entry process is straightforward – each candidate for an award requires a completed form which the judges will assess along the lines shown here. The second round of judging is by interview, which is online.
To catch the eye of the Judges, include references such as:
- What you have brought to your particular store
- Marketing initiatives you have introduced with measurable results
- New ideas implemented by you in your store or department
- Any evidence of enhancing your customers retail experience through store improvements or employee changes
- Examples of improvements to store trading and margin position through better management.
- Any reference to upskilling and training programmes for staff
- Individual achievements or independent store awards local or international
- The Awards reflect your management skills as applied to your department or store
Entering the ShelfLife National Grocery Management Awards
Will help you focus on reviewing best business practice, it is a badge of honour just to make it to the shortlist in any category. The Awards are selected by an experienced and independent panel of judges, and are recognised as the principal professional accolades awarded in the Irish Retail Management Industry.